Transparency and accountability are essential to the development process at the World Bank Group and central to achieving the Bank's mission to alleviate poverty.Â This application, based on the Open Data published on http://finances.worldbank.org (powered by Socrata) allows to:
- Access in one of nine languages (Arabic, Bahasa, Indonesia, Chinese, English, French, Hindi, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish) from any place in the world.
- Locate the projects in your neighborhood financed by the Bank, including the major awarded contracts.
- Check the disbursements data, updated monthly, and the contributions to Trust Funds.
- Get updates on pending projects in the pipeline, as well as latest approved projects.
- Receive tender notices and follow business opportunities in more than 100 countries.
- Engage with the Bank by sharing, following its projects and investments, or reporting back.
- Interface in nine languages
- Works online and offline
- Powerful search with sector filters
- Projects updates and follow (favorites) option
- Procurement section with tender notices and awarded contracts by country and sector
- Localized share feature that supports embedded links
- Maps of financed projects
- Detailed country overview of finances, projects and procurement
- Direct links to project pages and project documents
- Easy reporting (data accuracy or fraud/corruption)