We are in a period of time where open data is being released in unprecedented ways from local and federal government entities. Indiana supports the release of open data and particularly supports the release of open data sets as it pertains to our progression with the implementation of technology associated with the various regulatory programs initiated by the HITECH act and Meaningful Use programs.
This open visualization combines several open data sets released at the state and federal levels to provide a view into Indianaâ€™s progress as it pertains to this Meaningful Use. You will find the ability to filter the data in several ways including by bed count, dollars received, participation in Medicaid vs. Medicare or both, and much more. These filters allow you to see entities in the map view, which meet your criteria, click on those entities to get more information. The same filters update the graphs views providing a more graphical interface with the information.
Datasets currently utilized
This visualization utilizes several open data sets, which have been "mashed up" (combined for those that are not tech savvy). The links below take you to the source of these data sets and we encourage you to check them out to learn more about the sets. As we set up an instance of this app for you, we will work with your team to identify valuable data sets to integrate with:
- EH and EP-Medicaid data comes from the Indiana Medicaid data site [data as of 8/5/2014]
- EP-Medicare data comes from the EHR Incentive Program Payment Data (Eligible Hospital and Eligible Provider CSVs from CMS website) [data as of 6/2014]
- General Hospital Info from CMS Hospital Compare (via CMS)
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) Survey Data (via CMS)
- Hospital Form 2552-10 (via CMS)
- Physician Compare (via CMS)
- Detailed information for NPIs (National Provider Identifiers) through BloomAPI, an open source project